Last Updated on February 3, 2023 by Robert A. Foreman
Are you looking for the best one handed backhand racquet? Did your previous tennis racquets cause you pain in your hand?
Compared to two-handed backhand racquets, one-handed backhand racquets are more maneuverable. They require only one hand to operate and offer more space for longer swings, more reach, and easier hits through the tennis ball. Additionally, they provide quicker whipping at the ball back with natural flexibility.
Finding the best one-handed racquet is not easy. Here we come with the top 10 racquets for you. As well as, you will get an extensive buying guide on a one-handed backhand racquet.
Our Top Pick
- Best for budget – HEAD Microgel Radical racquet
It costs only $100, is lightweight and compatible, has outstanding design and power, and understands players’ demands and physical condition.
- Best for customer rating – Wilson Pro Staff racquet
It is ergonomic and provides consistency, precision, and feel at its best. The modern design with carbon fiber and the Braid 45 technology enhances playability.
- Best for features – Babolat Pure Aero 2019
It comes with the Cortex dampening system and the Aeromodeller beam construction for better head speed and more comfortable hitting power.
- Best for professional players – Wilson Blade Tennis Racquet
Nice to see, has better control, more headlights, flexibility, and durable construction.
- Best for third-generation players– Babolat Pure Strike Tennis Racquet
Advanced features, dampening technology, added swing weight, and spin-friendly nature.
- Best for improved technology – HEAD Graphene Extreme Tennis Racquets
Graphene 360 technology, extreme power, and spin, optimal playability, and stability
- Best for casual tennis player – HEAD Ti Adult S6 Tennis Racquet
Moderate swing and crisp shot, durable titanium and graphite construction added strength
- Best for recreational sports – WILSON Adult Recreational Tennis Rackets
Suitable for all ages player, most convenient grip size, explosive power and elegant outlook
- Best for overall performance – BABOLAT Drive Max 110 Tennis Racquet
Maximum comfort at hand, great tension in the string, oversized head and larger sweet spot
- Best for youth player – WILSON Youth Recreational Tennis Rackets
Remarkable durable and lightweight, pre-strung and bumper guard features, Aluminium built material
- 1 Top 10 Best One Handed backhand racquet Reviews:
- 2 1. HEHEAD Microgel Radical Tennis Racket (Best for budget)
- 3 2. Wilson Pro Staff 97 v13 Tennis Racquet (Best for customer rating)
- 4 3. Babolat 2019 Pure Aero Tennis Racquet (Best for features)
- 5 4. Wilson Blade v7 Tennis Racquet ( Best for professional players)
- 6 5. Babolat Pure Strike Tennis Racquet (Best for third-generation players)
- 7 6. HEAD Graphene Extreme Tennis Racquets – (Best for improved technology)
- 8 Key features:
- 9 7. HEAD Ti Adult S6 Tennis Racquet – (Best for casual tennis player)
- 10 8. WILSON Adult Recreational Tennis Rackets – (Best for recreational sports)
- 11 9. BABOLAT Drive Max 110 Tennis Racquet – (Best for overall performance)
- 12 10. WILSON Youth Recreational Tennis Rackets – (Best for youth player)
- 13 What to consider before buying Racquet for a one-handed backhand
- 14 Beam Width:
- 15 Racket Length:
- 16 Head Size:
- 17 Racket Weight:
- 18 Racquet grip:
- 19 String Tension:
- 20 Durability:
- 21 Comfort level:
- 22 Analyzing ATP Tennis Players’ One-Handed Backhands!
- 23 Best Racquets for the One-Handed Backhand – Racquet Characteristics to Look For
- 24 FAQs:
- 25 Is a one-handed backhand better?
- 26 Who has the best backhand in tennis?
- 27 Should I have a one-handed backhand?
- 28 Who has the best one-handed backhand?
- 29 The bottom line:
Top 10 Best One Handed backhand racquet Reviews:
The one-handed backhand racquet is designed with some unique features to a two-handed racquet. We have researched versatile racquet models and noted the top five. So, let’s know.
1. HEHEAD Microgel Radical Tennis Racket (Best for budget)
Those who demand a budget-friendly tennis racquet with pro features should grab this Radical Pre-strung HEAD racquet. The manufacturer introduces groundbreaking microgel technology in this series, ensuring the best game field output. This racquet will deliver excellent performance with improved comfort and increased control with the best utilization.
It measures 27 x 1 x 13 inches and weighs approximately 300 grams. The material is carbon graphite. The grip measures 4 ½ inches, and the head measures 100 sq inches.
- The ideal Microgel material and carbon composite fibers provide comfort, durability, great absorption, even force, and extra stability.
- It is an incredible tennis racquet for a wide range of intermediate players who prefer precision to pure power.
- The 27-inch oversized head size delivers a larger sweet spot and more control on the ball.
- It causes less physical discomfort to players who have shoulder and elbow problems.
- It has a perfect string tension which uniquely lessens vibration while striking the ball.
What are customers saying?
For elderly and professional tennis players, this one-handed backhand racquet of HEAD is a great product. It is a lighter racquet with the best maneuverability and dependency. We love its big sweet spot.
It disappoints us with its cheap string and poor paint on the logo. And it may not be good for beginners.
2. Wilson Pro Staff 97 v13 Tennis Racquet (Best for customer rating)
Wilson is the tennis racquet brand that famous player Roger Federer uses. Therefore, no need to question the worthiness of this brand. The Wilson pro staff 97 v13 is the upgraded and lighter version of Federer’s Pro Staff RF97 Autograph. The new design and upgraded features make the racquet praiseworthy among the Pro Staff series of Wilson.
This graphite-aramid piece measures 10 x 1.5 x 27 inches and weighs approximately 315 grams. Its grip measures 4 ½ inches, and its head measures 97 sq inches.
- The all-black design with subtle red and yellow stripes makes the racket look attractive.
- It has an alignment of double braided fibers at a 45° angle which delivers an enhanced pocketing feel and incredible stability.
- The ergonomically shaped end cap makes gripping the racquet’s lower portion more comfortable.
- The new denser string pattern gives a greater feel and precision across the whole racquet face.
- A lightweight racquet with a flat 21.5 mm beam makes whipping easy and provides dominance for advanced players.
What are customers saying?
Though the manufacturer says it comes unstrung, it comes pre-strung, which is quite surprising. It rewards serious power and good shots when used correctly. Plus, the materials make the racquet durable in any circumstance.
However, this racquet is not good for beginner-level players since it delivers a little less push.
3. Babolat 2019 Pure Aero Tennis Racquet (Best for features)
The Babolat Pure Aero 2019 is a top-notch tennis racquet that helped the Spanish player Rafael Nadal to emerge in his time. It is better than the Babolat Pure Strike racquet in features and playability. As the newest addition to the Aero series, the Pure Aero is more arm-friendly and comfortable than its contemporary pieces.
This racquet measures 19.69 x 15.75 x 0.39 inches and weighs 0.31 kilograms. The grip measures four ¼ inches, and the head measures 100 sq inches.
- The Aero modular beam construction increases the racquet head speed and lessens wind drag.
- The Cortex Pure Feel technology delivers a great blend of power and spin, which results in a satisfactory hitting operation.
- The 16×19 string setup and 324 swing weight allow the player to put a lot of energy through the ball.
- It is specially designed for baseline tennis players who love to play aggressively and beginner to advanced players.
- Along with its great shape, the portability and yellow-black finish help it stand out among its predecessors.
What are customers saying?
This awesome tennis racquet gives us super-powerful shots, a lot of topspin, and extreme accuracy and ball control. It never fails to keep the ball inside the court. Also, it is lightweight and easy to handle.
Dissatisfaction stems from the low-quality strings. We had to change it with another high-quality string.
4. Wilson Blade v7 Tennis Racquet ( Best for professional players)
Wilson Blade is a reliable one-handed tennis racquet for advanced and professional players. This racquet is as beautiful to see as it is superior in features. You will enjoy better control of your ball with this amazing racquet. It also offers more headlights, better flexibility, and Parallel Drilling. Overall, this racquet is an ideal choice for rough experts in tennis.
This model is available in 4-1/4 to 4-3/8 grip sizes. The construction material is Graphite and Carbon Fiber, and the weight is 5.5 Grams.
- Feel Flex carbon mapping design provides more flexibility and connectivity with the ball
- Added headlight design allows the player to better control on racquet head
- The tri-colored lime green, black, and silver elastic paint design makes it luxurious to see
- The braided Graphite and Basalt combination improves the control of the racquet
- The parallel drilling function provides a more dedicated string to respond as per the ball hit
What customers are saying:
The existing customers have said about this racquet’s hard and accurate hitting performance. Also, they said about better flexibility, durability, and controlling power.
Few customers have complained about the string of this advanced-level racquet.
5. Babolat Pure Strike Tennis Racquet (Best for third-generation players)
Babolat pure is the modern tennis racquet for third-generation players. It comes with advanced features, playability, and new technology. Especially, the dampening technology in the racquet frame provides more flexibility when playing. At the same time, this racquet has come with added swing weight that provides stability and solid feelings. Babolat is ideal for proper balance, control, and spin-friendly nature.
This racquet is available in 4 ½ to 4 5/8 grip sizes, and the weight is 10.76 Ounces. You must love the white and red color combination frame and durable construction.
- excellent playability for third-generation players, intermediate to advanced
- Included dampening technology increases the forgiving feel of ball contact.
- Maximum swing weight provides a solid feel and stability when playing.
- It has come with ideal power, balance, and spin-friendly nature.
What customers are saying:
The intermediate to advanced player was praised for this racquet’s nice playability, adjustability, and performance. Besides, it gets popular for frame-dampening advanced technology.
However, some customers have said that it is expensive. So, the low-budget consumer feels it hard to expense money on this racquet.
6. HEAD Graphene Extreme Tennis Racquets – (Best for improved technology)
HEAD Graphene tennis racquet is designed with innovative Graphene 360 technology. It is ideal for intermediate to advanced-level of tennis players. Graphene allows the player to play with clean impact, enhanced flex, extreme power, and spin. Moreover, this racquet provides more string movement, optimal playability, and stability.
The item dimension is 27 x 9 x 2 inches, and the weight is 0.36 Kilograms. Do note that the shaft and frame material is graphite. It comes in yellow and is a 1-year manufacturer.
- The graphene extreme tennis racquet is made with 360 advanced graphene technology. This technology is of strategically positioned material that extends the strength through the racquet head. As a result, the player will get great energy return with stability.
- It is a designed ultimate string machine with an extreme 16/19 string pattern that increases power and feel. Besides, spin grommets provide more powerful trampoline and string movement.
- Excellent shaft and frame design allow the player maximum playability and stability for all levels of a tennis player.
What are customers saying?
Customers say they mostly like the awesome combination of power and spin for an assertive player. Besides, its lighter weight, 360 graphene technology, trampoline, frame, and shaft design grab the customer’s heart.
Some customers have complained about defective grommets and frames. However, this may happen when someone purchases from a non-reputed seller.
7. HEAD Ti Adult S6 Tennis Racquet – (Best for casual tennis player)
HEAD Ti S6 is an appropriate choice for beginner to intermediate tennis players. It is designed with added power, moderate swing, and a crisp shot. Its frame is made from a combination of titanium and graphite alloy, giving the player added strength and durability with every shot. Besides, the oversized head diameter is amazing in a word. HEAD Ti S6 is best for a casual tennis player.
The package dimension of HEAD Ti Adult S6 is 26.77 x 9.84 x 1.57 inches, and the weight is 10.6 ounces. Also, graphite and titanium are used in HEAD S6 racquet construction. And this attractive tennis racquet color is black and silver.
- Convenient for all ages tennis players who are playing at beginner and intermediate level
- The larger 115″ head diameter provides a sweet spot for tennis players. As a result, the players can improve their skills precisely.
- It comes with head-heavy features that are important to make balance and increase stability and control when hitting on the ball.
- It is long-lasting because of the durable and stronger graphite with titanium construction.
What are customers saying?
Most of the existing customers are happy with the larger head diameter. Besides, customers are happy with durable construction and user convenience.
Some customers have faced extreme pressure on their elbows because of lightweight features with a heavy head. Also, some users have complained that the frame is not last.
8. WILSON Adult Recreational Tennis Rackets – (Best for recreational sports)
Another name of a great tennis racquet is WILSON Adult recreational racquet. The worldwide popular WILSON adult tennis racquet is designed regardless of age, style, and ability. It comes with a combination of unbelievable power and comfort. Besides, this amazing racquet comes with the most convenient grip size, ultimate power, comfort, elegant outlook and explosive power.
The dimension of the WILSON recreational racquet is 27.5 x 11 x 1.75 inches, and its weight of 0.34 Kilograms. Do note that the shaft and frame are made from carbon fiber material. This black color racquet grip size is 3 – 4 3/8″, and it comes with 1-year of warranty.
- Most common and convenient grip size that is compatible with both men and women
- WILSON recreational kayak is designed for maximum comfort and power to the tennis player’s hand.
- It has an XP power profile that ensures maximum power and comfort when playing.
- It looks elegant because of both glossy paint and velvet construction
- The carbon fiber construction provides higher stiffness to the frame
What customers are saying:
Most of the existing users of the Wilson tennis racquet have said that they enjoyed the best control, power, big sweet spot, and nice tacky grip. They also get great strength at hand.
Some users faced problems with the string might lose its position after a sturdy solid sport
9. BABOLAT Drive Max 110 Tennis Racquet – (Best for overall performance)
BABOLAT drive 110 is an all-around best tennis racquet. It is ideal for those who want maximum comfort and excellent tennis performance. BABOLAT is committed to providing great tension in the string. Also, you will get a nice bigger spot, nice balance, oversized head, and precise performance from this tennis racquet.
BABOLAT comes with around 27.5 x 11.5 x 1.5 inches in measurement and 0.32 Kilograms in weight. Also, note that the grip size is 4 1/4 inches and is designed with a black and blue color combination.
- The lightweight and oversized head provide power and control on the tennis racquet.
- It provides the best control and ball placement. More balanced with power and precision
- Synthetic material allows one to enjoy a comfortable grip and improves the holding time.
- The 16 x 20 string pattern provides excellent spin in tennis
- It provides potential power in both forehand and backhand shots
What customers are saying:
The existing customers have been praised for this youth racquet because of its maximum comfort, great spin, oversized head, and string pattern.
Beginner users have complained about extreme stiffness because they can’t handle over-stiffness.
10. WILSON Youth Recreational Tennis Rackets – (Best for youth player)
WILSON youth racquet is specially designed equipment for a young player. It is incredibly popular with youth tennis player who wants to extend their game from the baseline. Luckily, the user of this racquet comes with a pre-strung and bumper guard feature that reduces the damage in tennis. You will get remarkable durability and lighter-weight features in this model.
The dimension of the WILSON Youth racquet is 28.2 x 12 x 1.9 inches and the weight is 0.5 Kilograms. Its built material is aluminum, and you will have one year of limited warranty. Also, note that WILSON youth is available in multiple color and sizes.
- The elegant and minimalist outlook makes this recreational kayak attractive to youth for over 5 years.
- Lightweight construction with AirLite Alloy material provides power and durability.
- QuadriForm Technology ensures better stability and inconsistent
- The bumper guard design protects the racquet frame from damage when playing
What customers are saying:
The current users, especially beginners, have been praised for their lightweight features. Besides, they got it as an easy-to-use, lightweight, and sturdy racquet.
But some customers have complained that they needed to get the right color and size of this racquet after receiving the product.
What to consider before buying Racquet for a one-handed backhand
A one-handed backhand is quite different from a two-handed racquet. So, the features and functions of a one-handed racquet are unique. As well as you need to consider the length, width, weight, and head size. Here are some of the most notable factors that help you choose an ideal one-handed racquet.
Bea width refers thickness of a racquet beam. Better thickness means a better-powerful racquet. Ost of the one-handed racquet comes with 18 to 21 mm beam thickness. Remember to make sure about beam thickness when buying a one-handed racquet. Then you will get more power and control in tennis.
It is good to know the ideal length of a one-handed racquet is 27 inches that are 68.58 centimeters. The most adult racquet has come on the market with this length. So, choose your one-handed after considering this ideal length. Otherwise, it would be shorter, longer, and inconvenient for you.
The ideal head size for a one-handed racquet is about 95 to 98 inches. A professional tennis player would love to play with a 95 inches racquet or 98 inches racquet. On the contrary, a 100 inches racquet head is not comfortable and convenient for the players.
Tennis racquet weight is measured in grams, and most standard racquet comes with 80 to 95 grams weight. However, there have some special racquets that are lighter or heavier than this ideal measurement. You can choose a heavier or lighter one according to your preference.
The ideal grip size should be longer between fingertip and hand. However, grip size also depends on the user’s hand size and preference. As a grip provides comfort to the hand and palm for a long time playing, it should consider before buying.
String tension helps a player to know how to improve one-handed backhand tennis. Note that 50 to 47 lbs. string tension is good for a perfect shot and better performance.
If you want to invest in worthy gear, it is important to choose a durable one-handed tennis racquet. Graphite and carbon fiber are the best material for a tennis racquet. So, make sure about the construction material before choosing your one-handed tennis racquet.
User comfort is one of the most important variables to consider. The grip size, racquet size, and handlebar size greatly impact comfort level. If you can choose the perfect sizes of grip, handle, and headlight, then you will enjoy the best comfort at one-handed tennis.
Analyzing ATP Tennis Players’ One-Handed Backhands!
Best Racquets for the One-Handed Backhand – Racquet Characteristics to Look For
Is a one-handed backhand better?
A one-handed backhand is better in some crucial aspects. You can easily attack the net and go forward with an accurate shot. As well as, a one-handed backhand racquet can hide the slice correctly from the opponent.
Who has the best backhand in tennis?
Don Budge and Richard Gasquet are the two best backhand players. Richard Gasquet performs best on ATP World Tour for the technical one-hand shot. Likewise, Don Budge owns a lot of tennis games during his time. Most importantly, he owns most of the matches within a short period of the game.
Should I have a one-handed backhand?
You may have a one-handed backhand if you want to get more power and motion in the shot. However, keep in mind to set up your racquet properly. Otherwise, you won’t enjoy the best power. Moreover, a one-handed racquet is also good for getting enough motion when hitting the lower ball.
Who has the best one-handed backhand?
So far, there has been some best one-handed backhand player who has several good performance records in tennis. But Roger Federer is the number one best one-handed backhand player.
The bottom line:
After reading the top 10 best one-handed backhand racquet guides, we hope you pick the right one from our choice and ace your game in the future. We reviewed the trendy one-handed racquets in the market and selected the best products by budget and features. We will update this guide as soon as we learn more benefits of each product mentioned here.
Hello, I am Robert A. Foreman. I have had experience in Tennis for a long time since 2016. I know the exact problems that a beginner faces and know the solutions also. I have shared all my knowledge about Tennis and Badminton on my website. Feel free to read them and know more important things and facts about Tennis and Badminton. follow me Twitter