Last Updated on March 18, 2023 by Robert A. Foreman
To improve your tennis skills, you need to practice maintaining a routine. But sometimes you cannot practice due to a partner. So, investing in a tennis ball machine is a worthwhile decision to develop your skills. Though a machine can never displace a companion, it lets you practice alone.
Also, many can get a suitable tennis ball machine for their price tag. But you can get the best tennis ball at an affordable price. Here, we have reviewed the 6 best tennis ball machines under $1,000. We add a complete buying guide in the below part of the article to get the right tennis ball launcher machine.
- 1 What to look for when Buying the best tennis ball machines under $1000
- 2 Ball speed
- 3 Random oscillation
- 4 Ball capacity
- 5 Size & portability
- 6 Power source
- 7 The 6 Best Tennis Ball Machine Under 1000 Dollars Reviews:
- 8 1. Sports Tutor Tennis Cube w/oscillator – (Best For Lightweight)
- 9 2. Spinshot Lite Tennis Training Machine – (best affordable tennis ball machine)
- 10 3. Tennis Tutor Prolite – (Best For Higher Ball Capacity)
- 11 4. Sports Tutor Tennis Twist – (best tennis ball machine under 500 dollars)
- 12 5. Lobster Sports – Elite Liberty Tennis Ball Machine – (best value tennis ball machine)
- 13 6. Billie Jean King’s Eye Coach – (Best cheap & professional tennis ball machine)
- 14 Why do I practice with a tennis ball machine
- 15 How to use a tennis ball machine?
- 16 Frequently Asked Questions
- 17 What does a tennis ball machine cost?
- 18 Why are tennis ball machines are expensive?
- 19 Final Words
What to look for when Buying the best tennis ball machines under $1000
A feature-enriched tennis ball machine comes with an expensive price tag. But it is not difficult to get the right tool for under $1000. This buying guide will assist you to make a perfect selection.
In a tennis ball machine, the ball speed is measured in miles per hour and the feed rate in seconds. When buying the best ball machine, you need to check out the maximum ball speed and feed rate. Because these rates are essential to developing your tennis technique.
Typically, most ball machines at this price range give a 10 to 70 mph speed rate that is fine and challenging for a beginner. Cheaper machines offer a limited range of adjustments or sometimes don’t have them at all.
The upgraded tennis ball machines have more settings for topspin, backspin, and height adjustment. These features add more variety to your tennis session.
Random oscillation is a great feature to increase your sweet spots. It allows you to adjust the direction of ball flight and it can be vertical, horizontal, or both. Tennis ball machines with this feature dramatically increase the price tag. Most machines under $1000 offer horizontal oscillation which is OK, then nothing.
Tennis ball machines should hold a decent number of balls to complete a satisfying session. Under $1000, some machines can hold up to 150 balls, whereas the cheaper ones can only hold 25 balls. If you expect an hour-long tennis session, then you should choose a higher ball capacity for the ball machine.
Size & portability
Tennis ball machines come in various sizes and shapes. Whether your budget is, size and portability are important when buying a tennis ball machine. According to your personal courts, you need to select the size of the machine. However, a compact and lightweight ball machine is always great for carrying and transporting.
A tennis ball machine should give a decent amount of battery life. Choose a machine that supports at least 2 hours.
Our Top Pick
Whether you are a newbie or a pro, picking the best tennis ball machine is always a tough decision. This is the fact that for under $1000, you can get beginner-level ball machines. The Premium tennis ball machines cost you more. However, these tennis machines are adequate to meet your goals.
- Best For Lightweight: Sports Tutor Tennis Cube w/oscillator
The ball machine weighs only 24 pounds, which is much lighter than others in this category.
- Best For Entry-level Players: Spinshot Lite Tennis Training Machine
The machine speed, height, and feed time all are perfect for an entry-level player.
- Best For Higher Ball Capacity: Tennis Tutor Prolite
This ball machine holds up to 125 balls at a time so you can practice tennis for a longer time.
- Best For Affordable Price: Sports Tutor Tennis Twist
This twist ball machine offers great value for an affordable price point.
- Best For Spin Control: Lobster Sports – Elite Liberty Tennis Ball Machine
You can control topspin and backspin in this ball machine which is more exceptional than others.
- Best Overall: Billie Jean King’s Eye Coach
This tennis ball machine helps to develop muscle memory and improve your tennis technique.
The 6 Best Tennis Ball Machine Under 1000 Dollars Reviews:
There are a few brands that produce quality and reliable tennis ball machines. So we have reviewed those ball machines that will be reliable choices for everyone. You can make a worthy investment in these best tennis ball machines. Scan the detailed review to find the right one.
1. Sports Tutor Tennis Cube w/oscillator – (Best For Lightweight)
The Tennis Cube w/oscillator is a popular ball machine from Sports Tutor. It is portable yet high-impact tennis training equipment. Learners and medium-level performers can easily use it and increase their playing level. It delivers the ball randomly so that you can run and hit it. You can increase your speed.
You can set the sports tutor ball machine in three basic settings. For example, you can modify the ball feeding speed between 10 to 50 mph, the ball feed duration is adjustable in 2 to 10 seconds, and the third one is oscillation. Though there is no remote control of the ball machine, it is an acceptable tennis ball machine for under $1000. So there is no programming needed. However, it is a serious tennis partner for beginners.
- Dimensions: 15 x 12 x 13 in (H x L x W)
- Weight: 24 lbs
- Ball capacity: 70 balls
- Battery life: 1-2 hours.
- You can also determine the position of the ball flight from groundstroke to throw.
- This has a 10-second embedded start-up time delay and lets you stand in the position.
- A battery-powered ball machine provides 1-2 hours of playing time.
- The ball capacity is 70.
What customers say—
The tennis ball machine is lightweight and also foldable. So you can easily haul and drive the ball machine. However, playing against a ball machine is more fun and improves your strength. A Smart Battery Charger comes with a machine that charges the battery overnight and automatically stops when it is fully charged.
The ball machine is great for the price, but sometimes it gets jammed.
2. Spinshot Lite Tennis Training Machine – (best affordable tennis ball machine)
If you choose a portable model, then the Spinshot Lite tennis training machine is the right choice for you. It is super convenient and a great choice for those who want to start tennis as a career. This is designed for kid tennis players. Though you can adjust the ball height of the serving.
This entry-level tennis training ball machine works outstanding despite being in a low-price segment. You can set two parameters in this ball machine: the feed interval will be 2 to 10 seconds and the ball speed will be between 10 to 50 mph. It also gives 10 seconds after turning on the power switch, so you can walk to the opposite side of the court and start practicing.
- Dimensions: 19.69 x 11.81 x 11.81 inches (L x W x H)
- Weight: 20 lbs
- Ball capacity: 50
- It offers 5-7 hours of court time, which is much expandable battery life. But the battery life depends on the ball speed.
- It features a shiny metal frame that is durable and long-lasting.
- Use the Horizontal Oscillation option for enhancing your game skills.
What customers say—
Spinshot tennis ball training machine offers excellent features at a lower price segment. You can customize the ball feed time, speed, and height. This is an excellent tennis ball tossing machine for kids. Moreover, the expandable battery life provides a lengthy tennis session. So you can practice more and develop your tennis technique.
This is not suitable for advanced tennis players; only entry-level players can easily play with the ball machine.
3. Tennis Tutor Prolite – (Best For Higher Ball Capacity)
The Tennis Tutor Prolite is another incredible tennis training machine from Sports Tutor. This is appropriate for beginners to intermediate players. It is a bit bigger than the other one that we reviewed earlier. So the weight is heavier than the Tutor Cube. The heavier weight results in a longer battery life that allows more playing time.
This ball machine offers a higher speed of ball toss, up to 60 mph. However, the speed is adjustable. You can also set the feed time to 1 to 10 seconds. You can customize it more with a foot-operated remote control that is sold separately. It is a simple two-button remote control that simply helps to start and stop the ball delivery, and controls the oscillator.
- Dimension: 12 x 19.5 x 18 in (H x L x W)
- Weight: 29 pounds.
- Ball capacity: 125 balls
- It offers longer battery life, about 3-4 hours.
- More ball capacity so that you can play for a long time without reloading.
- Features fixed time delay during start-up and random oscillator
- Included Smart Charger that automatically shuts off when the battery is fully charged.
What customers say—
Tennis Tutor Prolite is a more feature-riched tennis ball machine for under $1000. You can enjoy completely playing with the ball machine. It is simple to maneuver and set up. Moreover, the battery provides long battery life. So it is worth the money.
There is no feature for topspin which is a drawback.
4. Sports Tutor Tennis Twist – (best tennis ball machine under 500 dollars)
The Sports Tutor Tennis Twist ball machine is a new portable training tool. This innovative ball machine is ideal for kids and adult beginners. If a kid can only swing, then he or she can use the tennis twist ball machine. It is lightweight, portable, and trouble-free to use on mini courts. The ball machine features a unique spiral design where balls are housed inside the machine. It is great for storage and traveling.
This tennis ball machine is made of robust plastic that withstands being knocked over. It is mainly designed for shorter hand feeding and doesn’t cover the whole length of the court. It shoots the ball from 10 to 20ft. After placing the tennis ball machine around the service line, you can practice loopy groundstrokes, hitting deep from the baseline. You can set the ball height in five different settings, allowing you to modify the height according to your skills.
- Dimensions 11” x 10” x 22”
- Weight: 10lbs
- Battery Life: 5-10 hours
- The unique spiral design has a ball capacity of up to 28 balls.
- The maximum speed of 15 MPH is perfect for kid’s players.
- Typically, it offers eight to ten hours of battery life using ‘D’ size alkaline batteries.
What customers say
Tennis twist ball machine review, we have found that it has a simple design and is easy to use. It is sufficient for beginner tennis players. There is no additional program, just opens and it delivers the ball every single 5 seconds repeatedly. Only the ball toss is adjustable from twelve to twenty feet.
There are no settings for dusting speed and feeding time.
5. Lobster Sports – Elite Liberty Tennis Ball Machine – (best value tennis ball machine)
Elite Liberty tennis ball machine from Lobster Sports is a popular tennis ball machine. This is designed for those who want lightweight equipment with impressive features. It is also an affordable solution. This tennis partner toss machine comes in a sleek and portable design and is easy to transport anywhere. You will be amazed that this portable tennis ball machine holds 150 tennis balls with a very high ball capacity.
This Elite Liberty is formulated to meet the demand of those beginners who are struggling to seek advanced control. You can make good control of both ball speed and ball spin. The spin control and other exceptional features are really surprising in this price segment. There is an optional elite remote that controls both feed and sweep.
- Dimensions: 29 x 43 x 15. 5 inches
- Weight: 38 Pounds
- Ball capacity: 150
- Battery life: 2 to 4 hours.
- You can adjust the ball spin between topspin and backspin.
- The machine features an ergonomic design to hold up to constant use.
- The machine has 8-inch all-terrain wheels with an ergonomic folding handle measuring 3 feet, enabling you to push and pull the machine easily and transport it in your car.
- Ball speed is adjustable from 10 to a maximum of 70 mph with a height from 0 to 50 points.
- The battery can run the machine for 2 to 4 hours
What customers say—
Elite Liberty Tennis Ball Machine is the best choice for a challenging course for beginners. The ball speed and spin control help to develop your serving skills. It is a feature-enriched ball machine available at a lower price. Its random oscillation and 50-degree lobs for practicing overheads are exceptional. However, it offers a long battery life.
A basic charger includes a ball machine rather than a premium charger. You need to pay extra for getting this charger.
6. Billie Jean King’s Eye Coach – (Best cheap & professional tennis ball machine)
If you are stuck at the same level and want to develop your game, then Billie Jean King’s Eye Coach is the best device for you. It is a perfect tennis practice machine. By practicing with it, you can dramatically reduce mishits and increase your speed, power, and accuracy.
It is a portable frame and holds the ball through a sleeve that rotates on a shaft. The unique design of the tennis ball machine allows a full ball strike without hitting the frame. This is the most suitable training aid. Moreover, it comes in a lightweight shape, weighing only 13 pounds. A compact carrying bag is included for easy transport here and there.
- Dimensions: 32.6 x 7.6 x 5.1 inches (L x W x H)
- Weight: 13 pounds
- Ball-striking skills: 30
- You can practice 30 different skills and increase Sweet Spot by over 40 percent.
- Improve accuracy for tennis skills and transfer to the court
- Suitable for any level and age.
What customers say—
Using this tennis ball machine can improve different skills. It is a great personal trainer. Everyday 5 minutes of practicing can increase your power and speed. Also, you can make good hand and eye coordination.
Many consumers said that the price is a bit high for a simple set of tennis ball machines.
Why do I practice with a tennis ball machine
How to use a tennis ball machine?
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a tennis ball machine cost?
Since there is a wide collection of tennis ball machines, the price is different according to features and build quality. The tennis ball machines are available from $300 to $9000. An average tennis ball machine will cost you around $2000.
Why are tennis ball machines are expensive?
Tennis ball machines are expensive because they are equipped with complex moving parts and electronics. They feature a wide range of settings to control ball speeds and adjust the height. More complexity costs you more.
Buying a tennis ball machine for under 1000 will be easier after reading this article. Now, you can clearly make the right decision. The above 6 best tennis ball machines are excellent options for beginner and intermediate tennis players.
If you choose Billie Jean King’s Eye Coach, it will provide you with an average performance for the money. Moreover, if you like tennis tossing machines, then Tennis Tutor Prolite or Lobster Sports – Elite Liberty Tennis Ball Machine will meet your needs.
Hello, I am Robert A. Foreman. I have had experience in Tennis for a long time since 2016. I know the exact problems that a beginner faces and know the solutions also. I have shared all my knowledge about Tennis and Badminton on my website. Feel free to read them and know more important things and facts about Tennis and Badminton. follow me Twitter
2 thoughts on “Top 6 Best Tennis Ball Machines Under $1000 – Buying Guide for 2023”
I have always been wondering that how can I get a machine under 1000 dollars and here we are.
Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing piece of content. This is so amazing and so much appreciative.
I am really happy to know this all.
thank you so much.
tennis machines are always the best and easiest way to play tennis on your own. So, I have done my research and gone through 100+ articles and I have found two of them very helpful. I would like to say you have done good work than anyone else and I like this and recommended it to my friends and my kids to learn about tennis machines.